Adding Search Engine Visibility Tags To Your Website
To establish site ranking, and determine how your site appears in search results, search engines look for meta tags, a robots.txt file, and a sitemap file. For more information, see Elementos clave de sitio para Optimización de Motores de Búsqueda (SEO)..Search Engine Visibility® helps you optimize this information to increase traffic and make your site easier to find. Once you have created your tags using Search Engine Visibility, you need to add the code to your site for search engines to locate.
Typically, you manually add meta content to your site by editing and uploading files. If you use Website Builder, however, you can send the information you create in Search Engine Visibility directly to your website. NOTE: To send Search Engine Visibility information to Website Builder, both products must be in the same customer account.
To Add Search Engine Visibility Tags To Website Builder
Typically, you manually add meta content to your site by editing and uploading files. If you use Website Builder, however, you can send the information you create in Search Engine Visibility directly to your website.
NOTE: To send Search Engine Visibility information to Website Builder, both products must be in the same customer account.
CAUTION: You might have multiple Search Engine Visibility accounts for a single Website Builder domain. If you do, use the same Search Engine Visibility account when sending information to Website Builder. Otherwise, you might unknowingly overwrite meta tags, robots.txt, or your sitemap with incorrect information.
- Optimize Tags
- Control Crawling
- Create Site Map
You can add custom meta content to your Quick Shopping Cart® storefront's home page. Meta tags play an important role in search engine optimization. Although some of the major search engines are focusing less on these page elements than they used to, well-composed meta content is an integral part of any well-optimized Web page.
To Add Search Engine Visibility Tags To Quick Shopping Cart
- Inicia sesión en tu Administrador de cuenta.
- Haz clic en Quick Shopping Cart.
- On the Quick Shopping Cart page, click Launch next to the Quick Shopping Cart account you want to use.
- From the Promote menu, in the Visibility section, click Webmaster Tools.
- In the Define Webmaster Tools Information section, enter the title, description, keywords, and any meta tag content.
- Title (required) — The title tag is dynamically created with the contents of this field, as well as information taken automatically from the storefront. This is a required field. If left blank, it defaults to the company name.
- Description — Explain, briefly and concisely, the contents of the site. The description cannot exceed 250 characters, including spaces.
- Keywords — Define a comma-delimited list of keywords that may help search engines rank your site's relevance to a particular search query. This field accepts a maximum of 1000 characters, including commas and spaces.
- Haz clic en Guardar.
- Publish your store. For more information about publishing, see Publishing Your Storefront.
With Quick Blogcast®, you can easily add meta tags to your site.
To Add Search Engine Visibility Tags To Quick Blogcast
- Inicia sesión en tu Administrador de cuenta.
- Click Quick Blogcast.
- Click Launch next to the blog account you want to modify.
- From the Manage Blog menu, click Settings.
- Go to the Meta tab.
- You can enter meta tag information in the following fields:
- Description — Describes the Web page and explains content.
- Keywords — Keywords are important terms and key phrases. These can be words typically entered into a search engine to find your page. It is recommended that your keywords are separated by a comma.
- To add a custom meta tag, click Add Tag, then complete the following fields:
- Name — The name of the meta Tag
- Content — The value of the meta Tag
- Click Apply.
Paste your code between the tags in your website's code.
To Add Search Engine Visibility Tags To the HTML of Your Website
- Open a text editing program, such as Notepad.
- Log in to the Web hosting account provided to you by your hosting provider.
- In the text editor, open the
.htmlfile of the Web page you want to add the Search Engine Visibility Tags to.
- In the
portion of the file, insert the Search Engine Visibility Tags.
- Save the file.
- Upload the Web page to the server.
NOTE: Visit your website to verify the meta content uploaded correctly. Navigate to the page you updated, right-click on the page, and then select View Page Source in Firefox®, or View Page in Internet Explorer®. If placed properly, the meta content displays in the
portion of the code.