Creating Files in Your Hosting Account Using the FTP File Manager
NOTE: Before you start, click here to see which version of the FTP File Manager is in your Control Panel. This help article applies to the Classic FTP File Manager. If you are using the New FTP File Manager, see
Our FTP File Manager lets you create text-based files, such as HTML, PHP, and ASP files.
To Create Files Using the FTP File Manager
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Tools section, click FTP File Manager.
- Click New.
- Enter the text you want the file to contain, and then click Save.
- Enter a file name, including the extension you want to use, and then click OK.
If you want to edit existing files, see Editing Website Content Using the FTP File Manager.